Sunday, June 16, 2013

A letter to a new Dad.

(these are Scooter's shoes when he was baby)


     As we go through the years, I come across new sides of you that I love getting to know.  Today, I celebrate you as a Dad.  I love how cautious you are with him.  I flail him around, pound his back to burp and shove his little arms through clothes; you are gentle.  I love that even though you may not be physically present with us, I feel your support and encouragement.  I love when we see you at the end of the day you give Colby your time.  You are always willing to help and I may not say it a lot but “thank you.” I love that you have dreams for his future and are excited about playing catch with him. I love how throughout the day I receive a text and it’s you wondering what he is doing at the moment or if he has done anything new yet that day. I love that you love him the way only you can do.  I always knew you would be a good dad, but ever since you went down to the center to practice and make sure the car seat was 100% installed correctly you have been proving it. Today is a new holiday and we shall celebrate! 



No comments:

Post a Comment